- Tuesday, 3 November 2020 at 10:43 am
Firefighters were on scene just five and a half minutes after a triple zero (000) caller alerted emergency services just before 7pm.
Wearing breathing apparatus for protection from the smoke, crews commenced an attack on the fire, which was threatening to spread to the upper level of the home.
Crews contained the fire to the garage, and brought it under control in less than 40 minutes.
A bedroom on the second storey was damaged by heat and smoke from the fire.
Thankfully, all of the occupants evacuated safely and without injury.
At the height of the fire there were five firefighting appliances on scene along with a Command and support unit.
FRV was also supported by CFA, Victoria Police and Ambulance Victoria.
BBQ safety tips:
- Keep barbeques, electrical ignition sources, or any flammable items at least 50 centimeters from exterior walls – never use them indoors.
- Store your BBQ attached gas cylinders outside, upright and at least 50 centimeters away from sources of heat.
- Only replace empty gas cylinders when needed.
- Ensure hose is in good working order, connections are tight and not leaking.
- Always supervise children around the BBQ.
Read more: https://www.frv.vic.gov.au/bbq-safety