FRV crews arrived on scene within five minutes and found a fire well alight in a bungalow attached to a brick house.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus worked quickly to knock down the fire and prevent it spreading to the rest of the home.
Fortunately, the residents had safely self-evacuated prior to firefighters arrival and there were no injuries reported at the scene.
The fire was declared under control less than 20 minutes after FRV crews arrived at the scene.
At the height of the incident there were seven firefighting appliances at the scene, along with three additional units.
The fire is believed to have been caused by an overloaded power board.
Victoria Police and Ambulance Victoria assisted FRV at the scene.
Home Fire Safety Tips:
- Use power boards according to manufacturer's instructions, never overload them, and check them regularly for damage.
- Avoid using double adapters.
- Turn off all electrical appliances at the power point when not in use.
- Ensure monitors, laptops, televisions and other equipment have good air flow around them and are not in confined spaces or covered.
- Only use appliances that are in good working order.
Reviewed 23 June 2021