- Tuesday, 9 February 2021 at 11:30 pm
Initial crews arrived on scene within five minutes to find a fire involving a carport.
The fire was impacting two adjacent units, and firefighters made entry and searched the properties to ensure no one was trapped inside.
FRV and CFA crews worked together to extinguish the blaze and brought the fire under control in just under 20 minutes.
At the height of the incident there were four FRV appliances and a command unit on scene.
Ambulance Victoria and Victoria Police also supported FRV at the scene.
Home Fire Safety Tips:
- Have working smoke alarms and test them regularly
- Look out for fire hazards in and around your home
- Many items stored in homes, garages, or workshops can be hazardous, such as petrol, cleaning fluids, garden fertilisers, paints and pool chemicals. Always store these items safely away from ignition sources and out of reach of children.
- If a fire occurs in your home, get out, stay out and call Triple Zero (000).
Find more Home Fire Safety Tips here: https://www.frv.vic.gov.au/home-fire-safety-0