FRV’s Advocacy department provides strategic advocacy on behalf of the Office of the Commissioner and the Fire Rescue Commissioner.
Our advocacy work provides key strategic input into national, state and local initiatives, projects and issues.
We aim to improve firefighter and community health, safety and wellbeing by:
- increasing community resilience by prioritising safety
- providing a safer built environment
- enhancing safety through legislation, regulation and policy reform
- providing advice to major community projects, developments and precincts to ensure safety is prioritised
- improving safety through strategic partnerships including government departments, partner agencies, key stakeholders, business and the community
- coordinating multi-departmental expertise and advice to maximise community and firefighter safety, and
- advocating for safety on behalf of the Victorian community.
Reviewed 10 August 2020