Fire Rescue Victoria (FRV) is a statutory body established in Victoria pursuant to the Fire Rescue Victoria Act 1958 (Vic) (the Act).
FRV derives its operational powers from this Act along with the:
- Fire Rescue Victoria (General) Regulations 2020
- Country Fire Authority Act 1958
- Electricity Safety Act 1998
- Emergency Management Act 1986
- Emergency Management Act 2013
- Gas Safety Act 1997
- Building Act 1993
- Building Regulations 2018, and
- Residential Tenancies (Caravan Parks and Movable Dwellings Registration and Standards) Regulations 2010
FRV's principal decision-making powers affecting members of the public are contained within the Act and the Regulations, and they should be referred to when detailed information is sought. The responsible Minister is the Minister for Police and Emergency Services.
Reviewed 30 June 2020