FRV advocates for better compliance in the waste management and recycling sectors.
Our work ensures toxic and hazardous chemicals are supplied and stored safely. This is to improve the safety of our community and our firefighters.
FRV and government agencies are working together to reduce risk and ensure a coordinated response to incidents.
- reviewing industry supply chain and current regulations
- developing coordinated prevention and response frameworks and operating protocols
- implementing strategies for prevention and response to high risk sites across Victoria.
- FRV is a member of many High Risk Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Waste committees, and
- FRV is also an active member of the government reference group for the new Environment Protection Act and regulations.
Reviewed 26 June 2020